Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

The Iceland Cometh



January is dusting me with melancholia, leaving me feeling like I'm stuck in some sort of crevasse. On Sunday I was feeling the need for something lovely and sad, and then I found this.

Sigur Ros at La Closerie in Paris:

Sigur Ros - Við spilum endalaust - A Take Away Show from La Blogotheque on Vimeo.

I don't know why I crave bittersweet sounds when I'm feeling subdued, but I do.

On a related note, Sigur Ros frontman Jónsi Birgisson has a new solo album, Go, scheduled to be released March 10. The first single from the album is an exuberant little number called "Boy Lilikoi."

"Boy Lilikoi"

Download "Boy Lilikoi" [mp3]

The song comes on with a swirl of glittery snow before cutting loose into ice capades of anthemic joy. Suddenly everything seems okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment