Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Mark O'Connor's Hot Swing Tonight



Thanks to a lost Internet connection last night, I have a very brief post today. What the hell MEDIACOM? Even better, I came home from work to find that my fridge had died...and so had all the food within it. There was something very rotten in the state of my apartment.

But I did meet up with my new string group last night, which was much smaller than expected, but probably a good thing considering we're beginners with squeaky strings and no finesse. It redeemed an otherwise shitastic day.

I do want to mention, however, that you can catch Mark O'Connor's Hot Swing: A Django Reinhardt Centennial Celebration as part of the We Always Swing Jazz Series over at the Missouri Theatre tonight at 7:00. Doors open at 6:00. I had planned to see this show but forgot to get tickets when I still had money, and this week I'm too poor. It looks like there are still tickets available if you're interested—and not too poor.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely admire your blog.I can see you are putting a lot of effort and hard work on your posts, I'm sure I'd visit here more often. You may also want to visit my site. It's about impersonator, acrobatics, unicycling, mentalist and a lot more about other forms of entertainment. Just check it out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, thank you! I appreciate your comment. I wish I could boast of mad contortionist or fire-eating skills, but alas... However, if I ever need to hire an Australian unicyclist, I will certainly look you up down under.

    ReplyDelete