Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Kel Green and Friends at the Rocheport General Store, 2/26/10

 (The Rocheport General Store)

One of my favorite nearby towns is tiny, eclectic Rocheport. You can hop in your car or grab your bike and be in this little outpost of art and eclecticism in half an hour. Abigail's is one of my favorite restaurants...

 (Abigail's)

...and practically right next door to it is the Rocheport General Store, which features local folk music in an intimate setting. This Friday night singer/songwriter Kel Green will be playing there with Paul Zullo from 8:00 to 10:30.


(Kel Green and Friends)

Kel Green sent me an invite for the show last week, and the invitation reads as follows:

So pleased to invite all of you back to historic downtown Rocheport, MO. for another eclectic serving of American music performed by singer/songwriter Kel Green and Boone County's resident resonator guru Paul Zullo. A special guest or two will also thicken the roux.

John and Dean will be serving up all your libation and food needs, including their famous open-faced brisket and newly added Shakespeare’s Pizza. All this in a setting straight out of a Norman Rockwell painting. Bring your wife, bring your husband, or bring yourself. But be sure to bring a healthy appetite to fall in love again with the human condition.

I've been wanting to hear music at the General Store ever since I saw a band there while leaving Abigail's last May. I remember how the upright bass player smiled contentedly at me through the storefront window of the packed Store, and I thought to myself, I could be happy here.

Come and get your own dose of happy this Friday night with Kel Green. Escape the cold, eat pizza, and hear great music in an old-time general store ... could be the perfect cure for too much True/False-ing.

2 comments:

  1. Sadly, no... If you did go, I hope the show was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete