Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2010

STL's New Groove Show, Friday, March 5


I'm horrible about updating, visiting, or even opening Facebook. But when an invite pops up, I usually click on it to see what's going on. A week or two ago the folks behind STL's New Groove, which consists of members of the band Rhyme Or Reason, sent me an invite for an upcoming show. This Friday you can see them play with The Steve Ewing Band and Chrissy Renick at The Old Rock House in St. Louis. Artist Joan Marie will also be displaying her "live abstract art" (no word yet on what that entails). Doors open at 8:00.

Rhyme Or Reason list the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Stevie Wonder, Jason Mraz, and the Dave Matthews Band as favorites on Facebook and describe themselves as "pop/rock/funk." Expect to hear hip hop beats mixed with soulful vocals, jazz piano, and jamming guitar. Steve Ewing is well-known in the St. Louis area as the former lead singer of The Urge, which disbanded in 2001.

...And The Old Rock House just looks like a neat place. I haven't been there, but I have a penchant for old buildings. Check out the bar:

(The Old Rock House, St. Louis)

I've been meaning to get over to St. Louis for a while now to spend a couple hours at the art museum, stuff my face, and just explore. I probably won't make the drive this Friday night, but if you happen to be heading in that direction or not a weenie about sitting in the car, this show will definitely rev up your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment