Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

Change Is a Comin'


I've been toying with the idea of revamping this blog. One of the biggest issues I have when writing about music is the proliferation of new bands these days. DIY is taking over the world, and now anyone can become a musician, promoter, and overnight sensation. I just read an article this morning about how 3D printers may one day become a home-based option—meaning you could design yourself a pair of socks or a new cooking pan on your computer and "print" either at home, avoiding a trip to the store, or even design yourself a car online and have it printed at the local car dealership. Manufacturing as we know it would be dead. The old music industry is already dead. I can't keep up with grassroots rock, and my posts feel a tad formulaic, as in, This band is from Portland and sounds like this other band from North Carolina....

I love music. I love writing. But I'm boring myself lately with writing about music.

I think I just need to tweak a few things...possibly the entire blog.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you... I figured you might. Now I see why you've created several blogs: one subject is too limiting, and I'm not enough of a music snob to dissect the subtle nuances of my favorite band--if I even have a favorite band anymore--or argue for the relevance of this sound over that sound and thereby kill my love of music. I just want to enjoy music and write about something else for a change.

    What hasn't changed is my love of this whole blogging concept. I just have to find my niche, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Find it you will. Worry not. Why am I talking like Yoda? You're an AMAZING writer - so this will all work out. Use the blogosphere as your guinea pigs and experiment away!

    ReplyDelete