Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I Can't Quit You


Nah, for all my doubts about this music blog, I still can't stop blogging. I think the solution to my conundrum is to post less.

This week I've been listening to old mixcds during my brief commute to work. (My bike tires are flat. No biking in for me until I buy myself a pump.) Each morning I manage to get a song or two in before I pull into the parking garage. So, for instance, today I listened to Oasis' "Don't Look Back in Anger" and some 60s song from the Darjeeling Express soundtrack. I've driven to my evening runs on Scott Boulevard cranking Harry Belafonte, Rodrigo y Gabriela, and Paris Combo. I've driven to my significant other's apartment blasting Hot Chip, Thom Yorke, and St├ęphane Grappelli.

This has me enthused to finish the mixcd I've been compiling for a few weeks now. So far it consists of my Aural Fix tracks from the past few months, but I've been meaning to add some more eclectic stuff, too.

I guess you're stuck with me, after all. More to come...

2 comments:

  1. No matter how elated I am that you will be continuing to bring sweet musical finds to the ears of COMO, I am somewhat distressed about your great dearth of air pumping abilities. This needs some rectification - and that right soon! Consider the PooBah on the case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be honored to have the PooBah himself inflate my tires. I am a lucky, lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete