Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Redesigning and Discovering The Comoian

(RIP for today)

I had some time to kill at work Thursday and decided to mess with this blog's design. I don't think the title graphic is large enough, but it's a work in progress. Check back for more completely random design updates soon. (In other words, I'm a bit nonplussed, but I don't have Photoshop on my Mac so a new graphic will have to wait until I'm back in the office.)

But in more exciting news, Columbia has a handy new site for aggregatorial delight: The Comoian, run by local brew-blogger Zac. (Zac has a blog devoted to two of his passions: beer and Pavement, which you can check out here.) The Comoian is your addictive source for local tidbits on everything from upcoming Blue Note concerts to ongoing sobriety checks—all delivered with sarcastic flair. I found myself checking back to The Comoian several times Thursday afternoon after Zac tipped me off about it. For the time-deprived or the non-mindful, the site offers a constantly updated list of CoMo-related blurbs gathered from blogs and traditional news sources alike, offering a "best of the best" in instant gratification. Read as much or as little as you like. I'm hooked.

Zac tips us all off to next week's Midlake concert at The Blue Note. More about this show to come... But he's right. Don't miss it.

7 comments:

  1. Great. Now I have to update both blogs. ;)

    I look forward to the redesign.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nevermind. I just saw the new design. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm going back to the white background for the header. Hmmm... Something's not quite right: (1) It's not aligned correctly in relation to the columns on the page, and (2) I think I need to resize the whole thing.

    Yes, the pressure's on you today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you should just cut a little off the top and bottom, possibly stretch it a bit. Then, change the blog's background to black and the text colors to white. You can always change it back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There we go... I just trimmed the top and bottom and stretched the width. I'll probably stick with what I have now for a few days.

    I'm not crazy about the black background/white text thing because it makes my eyes go all wonky.

    Thanks for the tips. You were right on about the header size.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meh. What's the saying about a blind man in the dark?

    ReplyDelete