Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Bike Commuting and Ray LaMontagne

This is how my day started:


That's me on the right. (Thank you to my significant other for snapping this photo with his iPhone while towing his border collie behind us in the Tail Wagon.)

The only thing that could make this day better would be (a) getting back on my bike and riding away from work and (b) checking out Ray LaMontagne's new album, God Willin' and the Creek Don't Rise, which he recorded with new band the Pariah Dogs. It just came out yesterday.

Judging from the name of the new album and the look of the cover, I would expect nothing less than southern-fried roots rock and jug band bliss. But the best part of any LaMontagne album is the man's voice.

I owe another thank you to my partner in musical crime for telling me about this yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment