Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Day for Ear Worms

Today I've had two alternating ear worms: Sufjan Stevens' "I Walked," with its glorious choir and unexpected beats, and Deerhunter's "Helicopter," with its aristocratic psychedelia. I'm not sure why these two tracks are duking it out in my brain.

Sufjan:



vs.

Deerhunter:



Since moving into the new house, I've been hooking up my laptop to the surround sound and falling in love with music all over again. Last night D. invited some coworkers over for pizza, and I got to play dj for the night. These two tracks were wedged between Dave Brubeck and Beethoven, and here they are taking residence in my brain today.

Speaking of Beethoven, I've become enamored of a piece from Beethoven's 7th after watching The Fall on cable several times in the past few weeks. The Indian-produced film is one of the most beautiful I've seen, and the allegretto appears throughout the film. I found myself humming it on the way to work this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment